Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Colonial Williamsburg

Angie & I got to help make bricks by treading the clay. It was really soft & smooshy. From here they put the clay into a mold, making two bricks at a time. Then they let them dry in the sun.
In the fall, they will make a kiln out of all the bricks they made during the summer and fire them. This is the kiln we saw last fall!

Had I been alive during Colonial times, I would help our family haul water in a bucket like this. I'd have to be really strong. This bucket was easy to lift but it was almost empty.
Angie is strong! She could lift the full bucket with my weight on it! The person that makes buckets and barrels is called a cooper.
Oscar waving Hello!

Busted again! Angie & Mom in the stockade outside the courthouse.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home