Sunday, June 01, 2008

5K

Feeling On Top of the World! I ran my first 5K since learning I was expecting Eleanor!
I was only 1 minute shy of my 30 minute goal, not too shabby considering my "training" (if you will) went from every other day to not every other day! It was good to have a race and goal in mind...now to find another so I keep motivated. The race started at 8am but it was still 75 degrees out and 75% humidity so I was really flushed when I was done. BUT oh-so-glad I did it. I had a wonderful massage today as my reward. Thank you Bekah for inspiring me...guess I won't kill you afterall!
My friend Koren & I ran it together, her kiddos are the same ages as mine.
Kristian & the kids waiting patiently to cheer me on. Food is always a good distraction!
Can we have some water please?
Checking out yet a distracting magnolia leaf
You want me to do what?
Oscar running in his debut 1/2 mile kids fun run.
I carried him a lot but he did actually run when he was down on the ground! We were the little red caboose bringing up the rear, no surprise there as he was the youngest participant. He received lots of cheering on!
Eleanor was signed up to do it but became shy b/c she didn't want to "run with people that she didn't know." Maybe next time?
Go Oscar Go!
(Notice the magnolia distraction in his hand)
Phew! Time to head home and take a nap!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home