Thursday, September 04, 2008

First Day of School

Ready to go with my "Aladdin's lamp" (for Show & Share, in my backpack) and matching outfit Daddy brought back from Iraq with him. Yesterday for Open House I wore my Flamenco dress Papa Brian got me in Spain...Mom says everyone has high expectations of me representing yet another country come Monday morning.
I love my new teacher, Mrs. B, and have some old friends from last year and some new friends in my 4 year old, 4 morning preschool class of nine. "I like that you get a prize from the treasure chest if you are good after 4 days and you don't have a Bee in the sad basket. I will keep my Bee in the happy basket." Ellie's response to why she likes her new teacher. Ahh, bribery at it's finest!
Meanwhile, Oscar wanted to go to school too: here, Culinary School.
Hmmm, Vetrinary or Dental School?
Jasmine continues to do well, taking frequent breaks on our shortened walks. We bring water for her although she often declines. You can somewhat see that all her fur has grown back in save the incision site just below her nametag (brownish looking vertical line). She sleeps a lot during the day but enjoys our company and lots of love from the kids. Oscar is so cute when he "gives her love" he leans over and puts his head on her back and actually stands still for awhile! Eleanor asked today "why does Jasmine follow us everywhere?" I told her b/c we are her people and she loves us.
PS: I normally do not condone animals on furniture but it appears that in my absence this summer Daddy, working long hours, has allowed this trend to continue...how can one kick a three-legged dog off a comfortable perch? She never does it while we are home, but rather is caught there upon our return!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home