Monday, March 22, 2010

Mount Vernon

The children with life-size bronze statues of President & Martha Washington.

Marthalee was our tourguide. It was a beautiful day.
It was so beautiful that there was a long line to tour the house (to the left behind the trees).
We bought an annual pass and will return when there isn't a line, come visit us!
I love that I captured Oscar's grimace!
Fruit tree espaliers begining to bloom.
I HAD to include this priceless photo of sisterly love...in her defense she was trying to help me get him to look for the photo!
Peeking into "the Necessary."
It was grand for it's day, a 3-seater!
THE front porch overlooking the Potomac River.
Carriage. How transportation has evolved!
A true split rail fence
The boys checking out the Potomac.
A reproduction 16-sided threshing barn, one of GW's many inventions.
We had a great visit & I enjoyed learning more in-depth about our first President.
His dentures were on display, so that was particularly fascinating for me. The children are so blessed to be taking in these sights at a young age, perhaps American History will come easier for them than me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home