Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Cannonball!

Oscar has learned how to swim!!!

Here he is in the deep end showing Daddy his newest trick, "Cannonball!"


His breakthrough came with his "snorkler" mask. I think being able to see underwater & having his nose covered helped him. He also had a little positive peer pressure last week with another 4 year old boy as they both started out with lifejackets on & then were bragging each other up by going without it and seeing how far away from the ladder they could go. Before I knew it he was going out and back 3 feet by himself without the lifejacket! Awesome!

Eleanor is my diver.

She loves diving down after her diving rings & retreiving them, no matter the depth. Not even the 11 foot deep end!?! I can't even do that! Amazing!




Not to be outdone, Oscar begged Daddy to let him ride on his back and go down to touch the bottom (or "floor" as he calls it). He loves it and says he wants to use a breathing tank some day! My future scuba divers...

Here he is adjusting his mask.

The strap pushes his ears down & it looks so uncomfortable but he could care less! Shrek?

Geronimo!

I am so thankful to report that my children love the water & are comfortable in it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home